Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 706 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked whether or not we should vaccinate our kids for the swine flu virus. Interestingly, it was a tie. Forty-four percent thought we should vaccinate and another forty-four percent thought we should not. Luckily we have twins so the simple solution is to just vaccinate one of them.

I don't think Lisa and I are in total agreement on what to do about the swine flu vaccination shots for the kids. There have been plenty of articles outlining the pros and cons. From what I have read, the short answer is that unless you're in one of the high risk groups it may not be necessary to be vaccinated. My friend forwarded an e-mail from a doctor who is a friend of hers. The doctor said that at his practice he is not recommending the vaccine unless there are really high risk factors. An interesting point he makes is that if the H1N1 virus that is currently spreading remains fairly mild, it would be a good thing for people to get the flu because the human body would create antibodies. So if this strain of the flu virus returned in a more aggressive form, at least our bodies will be better prepared to fight it off.

Since the kids are having their doctor examination in a few weeks, we'll discuss this topic with our doctor. In the meantime, I'm going to make sure I keep our kids as clean and healthy as possible and continue to give them Purell baths.

**********

In two weeks, Emma and Andrew will turn two years old. Not only does that mean that we have changed 1,872,387 diapers, but we are going to have to throw a birthday party for them. At least Lisa is in agreement with me that the party won't be as large as last year and will just be a handful of friends and Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa. Although some (i.e. myself and Auntie Anne (pretzel maven)) may argue that one Crazy Grandma equals two dozen guests.

Lisa and I are still in disagreement over the theme of the party. I caved in and agreed to have the party themed, but nothing has been settled. Lisa is still standing her ground and wants a disco party. I argued that we should theme it to something the kids would enjoy like Mickey Mouse, Blue's Clues, or Playstation 3 Greatest Hit Games. What do you think? And hurry with the votes because the invites have to go out soon!

No comments: