Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 629 - Happy Me Day!

Happy Father's Day! Or as I would rather call it: Without My Penis You'd Be Nothing Day.

It was a rather nice and relaxing Father's Day today. Lisa made a nice egg white omelette with a side of hash brown and turkey bacon. As I drank my cup of hot coffee, I was reminded of what a great dad I am. Why? Because I remembered to place my cup of hot coffee far away from the edge of the table unlike Auntie Anne (pretzel maven). See Day 572 for more details!

The afternoon was especially nice because the kids took a nap for almost 2 1/2 hours. This meant while Lisa was cleaning up the house and preparing tonight's dessert, I was able to take a nap for 2 hours and 28 minutes.

After a nice 30 minute jog after my nap, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa came over for Father's Day dinner. Lazy Grandpa and I went to pick up dinner at this Japanese restaurant called Katsu-ya. When we returned, we had our vagina-afflicted significant others serve as dinner and feed us since after all it is Father's Day.

The day ended with Lazy Grandpa and I opening up our Father's Day presents. We bought Lazy Grandpa a new watch that he enjoyed very much. And by "we", I mean Lisa and I bought Lazy Grandpa a watch while Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) was kind enough to put her name on the card (I'm not kidding, people! Go sign-up at www.iheartdaily.com! Auntie needs to eat!). As for myself, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa bought me a couple of shirts, and Lisa got me a framed picture of the kids as well as matching H&M shirts for Andrew and me.

As we put the kids to bed, I realized how terrific it is to be a father. I still have a hard time calling myself a dad, but I had the same problem calling Lisa my wife when we first got married. For the longest time, I would continue to call Lisa "my little whore" or "my infested petri dish of STDs." But as the years pass, you do come to terms with your new role in life. Taking one last look at Emma and Andrew before they fell asleep, I closed the door behind me thinking of how precious and fleeting these times are. And then they started to cry, and I ran to my PS3 telling Lisa, "It's still Father's Day! You take care of them!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you use such foul language to describe yourself and your wife?