Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 619 - And Now A Word From Our Daughter: Part Two

As described in the entry a few days ago, Emma likes cookies. She likes cookies so much that she now asks for them by name. I'm expecting in a few weeks, she will know several other words like "brownie," "pie," and "bear claw."

Today, the end of the meal conversation that took place between Emma and me took an unexpected twist. After a healthy serving of fresh fruit, I asked Emma and Andrew if they were finished eating.

"Okay! Are you all done eating?" I asked.

"Noooo," answered Emma predictably.

I teased Emma and asked, "What could you possibly want?"

"Coo-kieee," she said with a smile.

"Well, okay. But you ate a lot already, so I'm only going to give you one cookie."

I turned to get the cookie box, but I was interrupted when Emma added one more thing.

"Nooo. Twooo," Emma requested.

No comments: