Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 259 - Don't Forget To Tip Your Waitresses

I usually try to space out the videos on this blog by more than just a few days, but Lisa took this clip of Emma cracking up at Andrew. Take a look!




Isn't this amazing? Isn't this unbelievable? I mean, seriously, what the hell is Emma laughing at? What's so funny? I've watched this several times and I don't see anything remotely funny about it. Andrew didn't tell a joke. Andrew didn't take a whiffle ball bat to the crotch. As far as I can tell, Andrew is just looking at Emma. The last time I laughed at someone looking at something was at a blind man trying to cross a busy intersection. But what Andrew is doing is just plain lazy and boring.

So I'm sorry to pull your attention towards this extremely snore-inducing video clip, but I post it as a warning to other parents: Please take heed and not let your babies get comfortable earning easy laughs. Laughs should be earned, and not tossed around like Charlie Sheen's hooker money. The next time your baby laughs at something that isn't funny, do what I do: slap them. If we don't do it now, our future will be full of happy, laughing children. And who wants to be responsible for that?

2 comments:

Susan Tajii said...

Scott: those mattresses aren't low enough....lower them, please!!!! - Susan

Susan Tajii said...

By the way, I LOVED the clip....they are sooo cute! Love, Auntie Susan