Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 1409 - ASCAP Application, Anyone?


When we ask the kids to tell us a story, it usually ends up becoming a simple three act, three sentence structure with the same ending:  someone pooping.  For instance, Emma might tell us a story like this:


Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess.  She was hungry.  So she pooped.  The end.

What a romantic tale, no?  And I don't know where the hell the kids get their fascination with poop from.  Speaking of which, I had a terrific poop today which would rival a king-sized Baby Ruth bar!  I was so proud of myself.

While we were getting Andrew ready for bed, Andrew started babbling and singing these weird made-up songs.  So we asked Andrew to sing a song for us.  I know I am biased as a parent, but I think what he came up with was genius.  If you give it a pulsing, jazzy beat and get some harmonization with the horn section, it could become one catchy ditty!

Since I already registered the song, I thought I would share it with you.  Granted, it's a work-in-progress, but for a three year old, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next Stephen Schwartz or Kenny Loggins.

UNTITLED SONG BY ANDREW ICHIKAWA

One!  I poop on Mommy!
Two!  I wipe her!
Three!  I toot on Mommy!
Four!  I flush her in the toilet!
Five! Mommy drink toilet water!

So, can anyone help me get this song on iTunes now?  Hello?  Where'd everyone go?


No comments: