Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 688 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime


What's crazier than the stock market overreacting to every small bit of good economic news like the national unemployment rate dropping down to 9.4%? Why it's...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

Since I do not have the resources to do a Cartoon Wednesday cartoon, I began to think to myself, "What could be just as ridiculous, inane, and moronic as a cartoon?" And the first thing that popped into my head was Crazy Grandma.

Tomorrow, I'll publish an entry that details the end of our Illogical Grandma Ichinaga stay and the beginning of our Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa adventures. But in the meantime, here's a little hint of what is happening in the Crazy and Lazy household.

Emma and Andrew were in Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa's bedroom. Crazy Grandma had all of Lazy Grandpa's shirts and pants ironed and hung with care. While Lazy Grandpa was doing his part of the job wrinkling his shirt and pants while lying on the bed twisting for the remote control.

Lisa and I were in the living room watching a little television and cleaning up the floor with the toothbrushes and Q-tips that Crazy Grandma asked us to use. Crazy Grandma entered the room with a confused look. Or at least a more confused look than usual.

"I no undahstan wha An-doo want," said Crazy Grandma as we tried to understand what she just said.

"What's Andrew saying?" we asked.

"I tink he wan couscous," said Crazy Grandma.

Lisa and I just stared at Crazy Grandma for a good minute of awkward silence.

"No! I tink he wan couscous," repeated Crazy Grandma. "I no know why he wan couscous, but I can make couscous if he wan cous-cous."

We told Crazy Grandma that we never fed the kids couscous, not to mention any other type of Berber cuisine.

"I tell yu! An-doo...wan...couscous!" emphasized Crazy Grandma.

Just then, Andrew came stomping into the living room babbling away saying, "Boo coo! Boo coo!"

Lisa knew exactly what Andrew was trying to say.

"Crazy Grandma," said Lisa. "Andrew is saying Blue's Clues. Not couscous."

Crazy Granda was silent, and then flapped her hands at Andrew and said, "Ahhh! An-doo need to learn how to speek Engrish!"

And then she walked away.

No comments: