Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 686 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked you to select a graphic for Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime since Crazy Grandma was not happy with the current one. Well, too bad Crazy Grandma because the original graphic won with fifty-five percent of the vote. The One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest parody took second place with twenty-seven percent. And my personal favorite, the Crazy Nick Nolte Grandma Ichikawa photo didn't get one single vote!

I guess I'll go ahead and continue to use the original Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime graphic. I have a very strong urge to use the Nick Nolte inspired one because it is so nightmarish. A few of my friends have even told me the Crazy Nolte Grandma photo disturbed them. But think of all of the other possibilities this could inspire: Crazy Phil Spector Grandma Ichikawa Storytime! Crazy OJ Grandma Ichikawa Storytime! Crazy Caligula Grandma Ichikawa Storytime. I think Photoshop is calling me...

**********

This week, we are on "vacation" in Northern California. Half the time will be spent in the Bay Area, and the other half in Sacramento. Although we don't have any big outings planned for the kids, it is exhausting enough trying to keep an eye on two very curious kids in a new environment. By the end of the day, both Lisa and I are very tired from making sure Emma and Andrew aren't bruised, bleeding, or mutilated.

Next week, when we return to Los Angeles we have an opportunity to go to Disneyland with one of our good friends. We would probably go in the middle of the week, but I feel very hesitant about it. Lisa and I have avoided taking the kids to crowded places. Not because of their safety, but because of my impatience, aggravation, and temper towards crowds. I have always contended that I hated going to bars during college because of the crowds and not because I had few friends and a conflicted sexual identity.

So what do you think? Should we bypass this Disney vacation? Or should we go with tempered expectations? Or should we go only if I have an assigned doctor administering propofol to me?

No comments: