Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 682 - Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa Storytime


It has been a long time since the last installment, but it makes sense since Grandpa Ichikawa has been sleeping for the past five months. So take a Sominex and get ready for another edition of...Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa Storytime!

A few days ago, I posted a new poll on the blog which had a bunch of nightmare inducing pictures of Crazy Grandma Ichikawa. I was eagerly awaiting Crazy Grandma's response. My dad is often online, so I asked if Crazy Grandma had seen the pictures. He responded, "Not yet, but I'm sure you'll hear from her when she does."

And he was correct. An hour later, my mom typed the following reaction to the new Crazy Grandma Ichikawa photos:

"WELL I HATE ALL OF THEM I AM BETTER LOOKING THAT OLD HAG YOU PUT ON BLOG I WILL CHOOSE ONE BRAT"

Obviously Crazy Grandma was so upset that she didn't take the time to punctuate and use proper grammar. Or she used Babelfish to translate her angry Japanese response into broken Engrish.

The next day, I was talking to Lazy Grandpa on the phone and talked to him about Crazy Grandma's reaction.

"Boy," I said. "Mom was pretty upset about that, huh?"

"Yup," said Lazy Grandpa in an unusually wordy response.

I continued, "I think Mom was angry because she said all of the pictures made her look like an old hag."

And without a beat, Lazy Grandpa retorted, "Well, there's not too much we can do about that."

No comments: