Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 1481 - Conversations with Emma & Andrew


We still use the baby monitor.  Lisa takes comfort in hearing what the kids are saying at bedtime, but I don't really see the use of it anymore.  Mostly because if they want something at night, they will make themselves known with or without the monitor by screaming, crying, or throwing things down the stairs.

The only great thing about the monitor to me is that you are able to hear Emma and Andrew talk to each other uncensored.  Generally, Emma takes the role of the boss and Andrew takes the role of the obstinate and sarcastic employee.  

Last night, Emma wanted to go to sleep, but Andrew kept on talking.  This is the conversation we heard...

ANDREW
I am Lightning McQueen.  I am speed!  Vroom!

EMMA
Andrew, be quiet!  I want to go to sleep!

ANDREW
Oh no!  Mater has a bomb.  I hook McQueen to Mater.  Zoom!  They fly!  Zoom!

EMMA
Andrew!  Stop!  Listen to me.  Are you listening to me?  I want to sleep and you need to be quiet.  Do you want our parents to get mad?

ANDREW
QUIET!  STOP IT, EMMA!  I don't like what you do.

EMMA
You know what Mommy and Daddy say.  We need to sleep so we can get big and if you don't go to sleep then you won't grow.

ANDREW
I'm big!  I'm THIS tall! 

Sounds of Andrew jumping on the bed.

EMMA
Andrew!  Don't jump on the bed!  It's dangerous!

Sounds of something hitting something.

EMMA
Andrew!  Don't throw your doll at me!

ANDREW
I get you, Emma!  Gotcha!

EMMA
I say this one more time, Andrew.  Andrew?  I'm serious.  Listen.  You need to be quiet.  No more talking.  You hear me?  No more talking!

A few moments of silence followed by...

ANDREW
(singing)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout...DOWN came the rain and washed the spider out...

EMMA
STOP SINGING!  MOMMY!  DADDY!


No comments: