Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 1377 - Conversations with Emma & Andrew


During their afternoon snack of apples and opium, the kids decided to sit in the chairs Lisa and I sit in.  As they sat around the dining table, Lisa asked them a few questions.

"Emma," Lisa said.  "Who are you?"

"I'm Mommy!" she beamed.

"And Andrew, who are you?" asked Lisa.

"I'm poopy Daddy," Andrew answered with his characteristic use of the word 'poopy' to describe any noun.

"So Mommy Emma, what did you do at work today?" Lisa inquired.

"I went to school, and I taught the kids how to count to five in Spanish.  Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco!" said an excited Emma all ready to conquer East Los Angeles.

"And Daddy Andrew, what did you do at work today?" queried Lisa.

"Umm.  Umm," said Andrew as he thought really hard to come up with the perfect response.  "I go to work, play games on computer, eat lunch, then come back home!"

And in my defense, Andrew is totally wrong with his description because there are actual days when I'm so busy playing computer games, I don't even eat lunch!  Back at you, sucker!

No comments: