Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 1347 - Broadway Beginnings


Forget the stinky French in Les Miserables.  Never you mind those Nazis in The Sound of Music.  And don't even consider those pussies in Cats.   Because you put them together and all you get is stinky, Nazi pussy.
The preschool had a graduation program for those students who were moving to Kindergarten.  I missed the first part of the potluck dinner so all I ended up eating was some chewy pita bread and soggy Waldorf salad.  But at least I came in time to see the performances.
This was the first time Emma and Andrew performed on stage.  They're usually used to performing on cardboard boxes on 3rd Street in second-hand monkey outfits, so I didn't know what to expect.  So imagine my surprise when I realized that the kids can ham it up on stage as well as any drunk Ichikawa.

Emma and Andrew's class performed to the song "I Just Can't Wait to be King."  The kids were out a week from school when they were sick, so they had to learn the lyrics and complicated choreography pretty damn fast.  Luckily, Daddy has a little stage experience so I whipped them into shape with a couple of Fosse shoulder rolls and jazz hands.
Here is the video of Emma's and Andrew's stage debut.  I hope you will consider them for the Tony Awards next year in the new category of Best Japanese Toddler Twins Performance in a Musical.  Oh!  And to clarify in the video, the Caucasian girl in the middle is not our kid.


No comments: