Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 1333 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime

What do Charlie Sheen and Tracy Morgan have in common?  For inspiration and guidance, there was only one source for all of their rants and raves...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!  Winning!!!

Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa have come to visit for a handful of days.  Crazy Grandma wants to try and visit the kids every three months so they don't forget her.  But I really think she wants to see them every three months so she doesn't forget them (Old age is a bitch!).

Despite my absurd and off-colored sense of humor, Lisa and I try really hard to make sure that our kids are well-behaved...except for the occasional fart and poop jokes.  While the kids were playing, Crazy and Lazy were watching the news, and there was a segment about Anthony Weiner.

"Boy," said an exasperated Crazy Grandma.  "Wasn't dat a stupid ting to do?  Why he sending nekkid pictures of himself all over dah place?"

I continued to play with Andrew and Emma and ignored Crazy's commentary.

"And dat last name.  Weiner!" giggled Crazy Grandma.  "What a funny last name!  Weiner!  I don't wanna see Weiner's wiener!  HAHAHAHA!"

The kids started to pay attention to Crazy's Lenny Bruce riff, so I tried to distract them with Legos.  But Crazy Grandma continued.

"You know what I want?" asked Crazy Grandma.  "I wanna...Wienerschnitzel!  Git it?  Yummy yummy!  Wienerschnitzel!  HOHOHOHO!"

At that point I gave up and was fully prepared for a parent-teacher conference about the kids' constant use of the word "wiener".

No comments: