Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 1327 - Conversations with Emma


Emma was complaining of a sore throat this weekend.  So the first thing I told her was to stop smoking.  And after she snuffed out her Virginia Slim, I asked her if she would like a popsicle.

"Yeeeeesssss," muttered Emma over-exaggerating her sore throat.

Throughout the day, Emma would complain of her ouchy sore throat.  "My throat huuuuuurts," she would complain.  So I would constantly give her things to soothe her throat like juice, water, ice cubes, and butternut squash.  I actually don't know if butternut squash soothes a throat, but I bought a gigantic container of it at Costco and it was going to go bad.

"Can I have a popsicllllle?" Emma whined.  I didn't give in to her request each time she asked me, but I did want her to feel comfortable.  I would have to stay I probably gave her three mini popsicles to get her through the tragedy that is called a sore throat.

At the end of the day, she continued to cry and fuss about her sore throat.  This time, Lisa asked Emma if she wanted a popsicle.

"No more popsicles.  Daddy gave me too many," said Emma.

"What do you want then?" asked Lisa.

"Broccoli," answered Emma.

No comments: