Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 1313 - Playstation Move...I SAID MOVE!

If there is one main difference between Lisa and myself (besides Lisa having larger testicles), it is that she hates video games.  But video games have been a part of my life ever since the Atari 2600.  I've had a variety of systems throughout my life:  Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Playstation.  Sadly, I have had more video game systems than friends.

Although I currently have a Nintendo Wii and a Playstation 3 at home, I have not let the kids play either of those systems.  As a kid, I remember spending hours and hours in front of the television set trying to get past one more level or to finish the boss.  Hours alone in my room leaving my parents alone. Hours alone quietly figuring out how to beat the game.  Hours alone not making a mess of the house or arguing with my sister.  S#*T!  I better start introducing video games to the kids now!

This weekend, we visited the Sony Style store.  Whereas other guys get their kicks out of boobs and ass, I get my kicks out of hard drives, RAM, and dongles.  Hmm...now that I've read that out loud, maybe I might want to stick to boobs and ass.

As I was browsing the store, Lisa took it upon herself to entertain the kids with the Playstation Move.  This is basically Sony's version of a motion-sensing gaming controller.  The game that she was trying to play with the kids was a volleyball game.  You hold the Move controller to serve, volley, and spike the volleyball.

Obviously, the kids needed quite a bit of help to play the game so Lisa was taking turns with them to hit the volleyball with the controller.  Sadly for the kids, the person who actually needed the help was Lisa.  As I mentioned, Lisa hates video games.  But I did not mention that Lisa is also a klutz.

While Lisa was helping Andrew whack the volleyball around on the screen, Lisa got so involved and focused with the game that she did not notice Emma walking in front of her.  And just as Lisa brought down the controller to spike the volleyball, she simultaneously spiked Emma in the head.


I think you can pretty much conclude the rest of this story.  There was crying.  Apologies.  Hugs.  And I walked out of the store with the Playstation Move.  Happy ending for all!

No comments: