Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 1509 - Conversations with Emma


Each day when Lisa comes home from work, the first thing she does after giving the kids a hug and kiss and me the finger is change her clothes.  On this certain day, I hoped she would change her clothes quickly because I had something very urgent to do:  take a crap.

I was supervising the kids doing an art project, so I couldn't leave them alone.  As I was waiting for Lisa to come downstairs, Emma asked me if something was wrong.

I answered, "Oh.  Nothing's wrong.  I'm just waiting for Mommy to come back downstairs because I have to go to the bathroom."

"Do you have to go pee-pee?" Emma asked.

"No," I answered.

"You have to do a stinky poo-poo?" she surmised.

"Yes.  That's right.  I have to do a stinky poo-poo," I answered.

"Andrew!  Daddy has to do a stinky poo-poo!" Emma screamed with an unusual amount of joy.

"Eww!" sneered Andrew.  "Daddy's a poo-poo head!"

Emma and Andrew laughed hysterically.  I just clenched my teeth and knees.

Finally, Lisa made it downstairs.  I darted upstairs and told the kids, "Okay!  Daddy will be right back.  I got to go to the bathroom."

And then the thing Emma said to me, I was unable to tell if it was said honestly or sarcastically.  But with a flip of her head she said, "Well, I hope you have a good one!"

I guess that was good etiquette?  I looked it up in Emily Post, but there was nothing about poop politeness.

No comments: