Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 1208 - Conversations with Emma & Andrew



When I put the kids down for a nap, I know it will take them anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for them to calm down and fall asleep. I used to keep the baby monitor on to make sure things were okay, but their constant talking started to drive me crazy so I now put the volume down to zero and turn it back up when the red lights start flashing.

At first, the kids were just laughing and conversing about topics that interest three year olds: toys, poop, and politics. But as time passed, I could hear Emma growing frustrated with Andrew's chatter. Andrew began to talk more and more as Emma was winding down and trying to fall asleep.

Andrew started to ramble on about his Cars toys, "And then Chick Hicks and The King and McQueen go to the Piston Cup. And I'm McQueen and Emma is The King and Daddy is Chick Hicks. And Daddy is bad because Chick Hicks bumps The King!"

Emma tried to say something, "Andrew..."

Andrew continued, "Then The King gets dirty! And McQueen push The King over the finish line. And they say 'Boo' to Chick Hicks because he's bad!"

"Andrew," Emma attempted again.

But there was still no stopping Andrew, "Emma. You The King, ok? Ok? You The King. And I'm McQueen! Ka-chow!"

Finally Emma lost her patience and shouted, "Andrew! Get back in bed, be quiet, and close your eyes!"

No comments: