Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1184 - Competitive Nature


Emma and Andrew have started to show a little competitiveness. At night, we give them half a Flintstone vitamin, and they fight over who gets the bigger half. When they're in the car, they fight over who is going to get out of the car first. And don't even get me started on their arm wrestling matches...

I began to wonder where their competitiveness stemmed from. I would label myself a silent competitor: I won't be in your face about winning, but I am planning in my head how to make your life extremely unpleasant. And then I began to wonder where I got this from. Then it hit me: my mom.

Over the holiday break, the family was playing a card game after the kids went to sleep. For some particular reason, my mom always wants me to lose (More about this at my next therapy session.), and she got her wish: I lost. But what made it an even grander loss was that she beat me.

I don't want to say that she made a big deal about it, but it might be better to take a look at this video of her victory.

No comments: