Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1111 - Conversations with Emma

Despite the ongoing debate, I do have facial hair, and I occasionally have to shave. Since I am now a Mr. Mom, I find myself shaving less and less during the weekdays. Lisa hates the way I look when I don't shave for days because my face looks like an untended front lawn: random patches of growth everywhere.

I have also found out that Emma does not like it when I do not shave. This morning when I gave Emma a hug, she told me my face was too rough; she also told me I was ugly, but there was nothing I could do about that.

So while the kids were watching their morning television program, I decided to shave my sparse patches of facial hair. When my whiskers get too long, I usually use shaving cream and a razor instead of my electric shaver. I lathered up and started to shave.

Just as I was finishing up, Emma walked in and was shocked to see what was going on.

"Daddy! What you doing?" said Emma.

"Oh. I'm just washing up," I said with spots of shaving cream all over my face.

Emma looked a little closer at my face and said, "Oh Daddy. What happened? You have toothpaste all over your face!"

No comments: