Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 1055 - Tickle Me Lame-O


I came up with a new game for the kids. It's called Hug, Kiss, or Tickle. It's also a pick-up line I used when I was in college which was rather unsuccessful.

The game goes a little like this. As I cradle one of the kids, I ask them what they want: a hug, kiss, or tickle. Obviously, they pick hugs and kisses first. And then at the end, I give them a big tickle. I guess it's not so much a game as much as helpless physical torture, but the kids still have fun with it.

Today, I was playing Hug, Kiss, or Tickle with Andrew. I grabbed him in my arms and asked him what he wanted.

"Hug," said Andrew. I gave him a big hug.

"Now what do you want? A kiss or a tickle?" I asked Andrew.

"Kiss," said Andrew. I gave him a big kiss.

"Hmm," I knowingly said. "If I gave you a hug and a kiss, what is left for me to do?"

Andrew squiggled out of my arms, took a few steps back and said, "Daddy! Game all done! Go away! All done!"

As he walked away in a huff, Andrew's reaction reminded me of Lisa when I first used my pick-up line on her.

No comments: