Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 1053 - Life Is a Highway


Andrew loves Cars. He loves Lightning McQueen, Mater, Sally, Chick Hicks, Doc Hudson, Luigi, Guido, Philmore, Sheriff, Mack, Red, Accord, F150, Pinto, and Cutlass Supreme. Every night, the kids get to watch one video on YouTube after their bath. And practically every night, Andrew asks for either a Cars video or the censored version of Two Girls & One Cup.

The new obsession in Andrew's life is the Rascal Flatt's song "Life Is a Highway." This song is in the movie Cars, and people have uploaded videos to YouTube in which they edit scenes from the movie to the song. And stupidly, I bought the song on iTunes so we always have to listen to the song in the car.

The only positive outcome from this Rascal Flatt's song is that Andrew has shown his talent as a spastic dancer. I hooked up our ipod to Lazy Grandpa's radio with an ipod-dock (Yes, Lazy Grandpa is a geek in his old age.), and as I played "Life Is a Highway", Andrew started to break it down like a epileptic street dancer.

Here's a video of Andrew and Emma dancing:



I began to wonder where Andrew gets his gift for dance. Lisa enjoys dancing, but she's actually good. I have danced on stage, but all I can really do is a soft shoe and a sashay. But in the corner of my eye, it all became clear to me. Take a look at this next video!





That's right! Andrew inherited all of his dancing skills from Crazy Grandma. I say Crazy Grandma and Andrew team up for either So You Think You Can Dance or Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew.

As I edited these videos together, I was hit with another revelation about Andrew's dancing. It didn't really hit me until I focused on the way Andrew uses his legs. Take a look at this last video clip and tell me if you don't agree with my pop culture connection.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yes! They are the same! I love it!