Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 1018 - Conversations with Andrew


I was chasing Andrew around the house for fun; the last time was not fun because he had a butane torch and a can of WD-40. When I caught him, he didn't want the fun to end.

Andrew said, "Do it again, Mommy!"

Occasionally, the kids call me Mommy instead of Daddy. I suppose it's an honest mistake since they see much more of Lisa when I'm working, and I also enjoy wearing Lisa's underwear.

I corrected Andrew. "I'm not Mommy. I'm Daddy!"

"Do it again, Daddy!" said Andrew.

I chased Andrew around the house and caught him again.

"Do it again, Mommy!" said Andrew.

Hmm. My parental ego was becoming deflated.

I again corrected Andrew. "I'm not Mommy. I'm Daddy."

I wondered to myself if the kids did not see enough of me during the weekday or should I stop wearing Lisa's underwear? This time I decided to change my underwear.

"Do it again, Daddy!" repeated Andrew.

So once more, I chased Andrew around the house and caught him.

Annoyingly, Andrew said, "Do it again, Mommy!"

Enough was enough. I had to set him straight.

"Andrew, I am not Mommy. I am your Daddy. Why do you keep on calling me Mommy for?" I asked Andrew.

Andrew looked up at me and simply said after an appropriate pause, "I joke, Daddy. It just a joke."

Great...not only does Andrew look like me, but he has my sarcastic and annoying sense of humor too.

No comments: