Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 1257 - Conversations with Emma & Andrew

It was time for bed, and I passed the brandy snifter to Emma and Andrew.  As we savored the taste and aroma of the well-aged brandy, I reminded the children to not be afraid of their dreams.

"Emma.  Andrew.  If you have a dream in the middle of the night, you need to remember that's it is not real," I said with reassurance.  "And most importantly, if you have a dream, do not...I repeat...do not run into Mommy and Daddy's bedroom screaming."

The kids nodded their heads in agreement.

"So what do we do when we go to sleep," I asked.  "We think about happy things.  Things that make us laugh and smile.  Andrew, what makes you happy?"

Andrew stared at the bedroom ceiling and finally said, "You!  Daddy!"

Awww.  Andrew may occasionally drive me crazy with his energy and stubbornness, but he's a really sweet boy with a big heart.  Plus he picked me over Lisa.

I turned to Emma and asked her, "What makes you happy, Emma?"

She hugged her bunny blanket and whispered, "My princess toys."

And then I quickly heard from behind my back, Andrew correcting his answer, "No, no!  My car toys!  My car toys!"

No comments: