Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 1337 - Conversations with Andrew

Each night, I try to make sure the kids are in a good mood when they go to sleep.  I ensure they are in a good mood by doing three things:  1)  I tell them a story.  2)  I speak in a calm and soft voice.  3) I put a little reefer in their humidifier.

While I was tucking Andrew into bed, I had a little small talk with him.

"Did you have fun at school today?" I asked.

"Yah," responded Andrew.

"What did you do at school?" I continued.

"I play on teeter totter wif Emma," said Andrew.

"You know what?" I questioned.

"Wha?" answered Andrew.

"I just wanted you to know that you are doing such a good job at school.  You're becoming such a big boy, and I'm very proud of you," I said as I leaned in to give Andrew a kiss on his cheek.

And as I pulled away from my little boy, he stared at me and said, "You have a booger in your nose."

No comments: