Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1188 - Poll Results & New Poll



Last week I asked whether starting the kids at full-day preschool is going to be a good thing. Seventy-five percent of you voted that the kids will enjoy themselves, and there isn't anything to worry about. And right behind, twelve percent thought it was not a good thing to do, and another twelve percent thought the bigger worry is college.

Lisa and I debated whether a nanny or preschool would be the best thing for the kids, and we both agreed that the kids were old enough and would probably enjoy preschool more. But this did not stop me from continuing to search for a back-up nanny on Google Search with helpful search phrases such as "nanny in fishnet", "wet t-shirt nanny", and "mary poppins nanny fetish".

Ideally, it would be great if I could stay home with the kids for a few more months, but work beckons around the corner...as well as our disappearing savings account. But I think the kids will have a fun time at preschool, and it will be great for them socially. And if preschool isn't for them right now, I have a handful of phone numbers of Mary Poppins impersonators.

**********

Ever since we returned from our holiday vacation, Emma has not been sleeping well. She has been waking up in the middle of the night with crying, whining, and the occasional shriek. I am not a big fan of the shrieking because it triggers a bladder reflex in me.

My first instinct when I hear Emma crying is to wait for a few minutes to see what will happen. If the crying morphs into blood curdling screaming, then I'll put my bunny slippers on and see what's wrong. But Lisa's first instinct when she hears one of our kids crying is to immediately go to them.

When I asked her why she rushes to their side, she says it's a maternal reflex that goes back to when they were babies. This very well might be true because when the kids ask her for a snack, her first instinct is to pull out a boob.

So what do you think? I think it's better to wait out the crying. Lisa thinks there's nothing wrong with going to check them immediately. And the kids are just plain frightened when Lisa pulls out her boob.

No comments: