Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 1008 - A Present for Daddy


I was on the floor reading the Little Golden Book version of The Story of O to Andrew. After explaining the definition of submission and dominance to Andrew, Emma came up to me. She just stood next to me, so I asked her if something was wrong.

"I have something for you, Daddy," said Emma.

Ooo. I love me some presents. I wondered what it could be! I opened my hands and waited for some opulent present from my sweet princess.

"Here you go," said Emma as she dropped an indeterminable object into my hand.

I looked and rolled it between my fingers. It actually looked like Emma picked up a piece of food from the floor, so I gave it a quick smell and guessed that it was a piece of corn.

"Emma, is this corn?"

"No," answered Emma.

I took a really close look at it again and gave it one more good whiff. I was certain it was a piece of corn.

"Emma, where did you get this?"

"My nose," she said.

DAMMIT! IT WAS A BOOGER!

After the kids saw me do my freak dance, I grabbed a tissue and threw it away. I didn't understand why Emma decided to grant me the pleasure of holding her nose crap when I see the kids throwing away actual trash into the trash can all day long. Does Emma think there is a difference between an old crayon and a nose turd where the nose turd is too valuable to throw away in the garbage?

I eventually explained to Emma that she should not pick her nose, and if she had something in her nose she should ask for a tissue. And as an after thought, I sat her down to explain that when she poops in her diaper, she should never hand it to me...because this is something that Mommy would rather hold. Have fun, Lisa!

No comments: